New SAG-AFTRA Basic Agreement and Pension and Health rate changes are now in effect until June 30, 2023. To help you prepare for budgeting, hiring crew, and discussing benefits for your future productions, we've outlined the key changes.
Basic Agreement Rate Changes
The Basic Agreement rates increased by 2.5%, which also affect projects under the Low, Moderate Low, and Ultra-Low budget agreements as those rates are based on percentages of the Basic Agreement.
- Low Budget – 65% of the current Basic Agreement rate
- Moderate Low Budget – 35% of the current Basic Agreement rate
- Ultra-Low Budget – 20% of the current Basic Agreement rate
The full ‘SAG-AFTRA Theatrical Wage Table,’ which includes the Basic Agreement rates, is available here. To calculate the rates for your production, please deduct the percentage that is applicable to your budget from these rates.
Pension and Health (P&H) Changes
- Theatrical increased from 19% to 20%
- TV increased from 19% to 20%
- Background increased from 18.5% to 19.5%
- New Media increased from 18.5% to 19.5%
- TV Sideletter K increased from 15.5% to 16.5%
- Network Code increased from 18.3% to 18.8%
The fringe will not increase for theatrical projects or TV episodes that started principal photography before 7/1/20.
If you have any questions, please contact our Labor Relations team at LaborRelations@gslate.com.
The information in this communication is general in nature, and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice rendered by GreenSlate, LLC. The reader should contact his or her attorney, CPA, or tax professional prior to taking any action based upon this information.