Lawmakers in Arizona have enacted the Arizona Motion Picture Production Program, offering qualified productions up to $75 million a year in 2023, $100 million in 2024, and $125 million in 2025 and thereafter in film and TV incentives.
The program is designed to create a competitive industry presence and market in Arizona, as well as long-term economic benefits to the state.Program highlights:
- Motion Picture Productions are considered feature films, episodic series and commercial ads.
- Productions that spend less than $10 million will receive a 15% tax credit.
- Productions that spend $10 million-$35 million will receive a 17.5% credit.
- Productions that spend over $35 million will receive a 20% tax credit.
- 2.5% additional tax credit will be awarded to resident labor costs.
- Productions are required to file an initial application.
- CPA Verification Report is required.
- Arizona acknowledgment in the end credits is required.
You can learn more about Arizona’s incentives here.
For tax incentive inquiries, contact Michele Miller, GreenSlate's VP of Production Tax Incentives.
This information in this communication is general in nature, and is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice rendered by GreenSlate, LLC. Readers should contact their attorney, CPA, or tax professional prior to taking any action based upon this information.